Beer has been loved by people from all walks of life and is the second most popular drink after water. To find out more about this beverage, check out these beer facts.
Beer is one of the most popular beverages in the world, and it has been for thousands of years. But do you know all there is to know about the drink? Here are some interesting beer facts about your favorite beverage.
We put this list together to help anyone interested in learning interesting beer facts. We’ve been drinking beer for thousands of years (no, really) and it’s always nice to get nerdy about it with some great information. As long as you’re drinking responsibly, enjoy the facts!
30+ Top unknown Beer Facts
- Every year, humans consume more than 50 billion gallons of beer worldwide.
- Beer is the most popular alcoholic beverage on the planet.
- Beer is one of the world’s oldest beverages, dating back to 5,000 BC.
- Budweiser is the most well-known beer in the world.
- The most expensive beer in the world costs $503,300.
- National Beer Day is celebrated in the United States.
- Grain, hops, yeast, and water are the main constituents of beer.
- China produces around 47 million kiloliters of beer each year, making it the world’s largest beer manufacturer.
- With almost 23 million kiloliters of beer produced each year, the United States ranks second in the world.
- The two most common forms of beer are ale and lager.
- Lager is a beer style made at a low temperature.
Interesting Beer Facts
- Ale, on the other hand, is a beer made using a warm fermentation process.
- Beer is ingrained in the world’s culture, and it has its own set of customs, such as beer festivals.
- Fermentation has been documented in the archaeological record since 13,000 BC.
- A beer museum was established in the Czech Republic for the first time.
- Malt and bread were used to make beer by the Sumerians.
- In numerous countries, including France, Germany, Portugal, and South Korea, McDonald’s sells beer on its menu.
- With 67.5 percent alcohol by volume, ‘Snake Venom’ is the world’s strongest beer.
- Compared to a regular beer, which costs between a dollar and two dollars per bottle, Snake Venom has a premium retail price of $76 to $140 per bottle.
- The term “beer” comes from the verb “to drink” in Slavic. Initially, beer could be any beverage.
- In Russia, per capita, beer consumption is 58 liters per year.
- Lager is the most prevalent type of beer. Its consumption proportion in the world is as high as 80%.
Mindblowing Beer Facts
- Today, the Weihenstephan brewery in Freising, Germany, is the world’s oldest brewery. In 1040, it was established.
- Niels Bohr was granted a never-ending supply of beer after he was awarded the Nobel Prize.
- Bartenders who watered down beer were to be put to death according to Hammurabi’s Code.
- The term “also holiday” was coined in the early 1900s to describe leisure time spent drinking.
- A daily beer ration was given to the builders of the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- At the 2010 Texas State Fair, fried beer was named the Most Creative Fried Food.
- A beer pipeline runs through Germany. A 5km beer tube connects the taps in Veltsin-Arena.
- Parts of the Declaration of Independence were written at a Philadelphia tavern by Thomas Jefferson.
Our beer facts blog will keep you updated with the most interesting facts about the beer from time to time.